The fact is, naturally speaking, whatever we do to try and make the world a better place (whatever that means), it doesn’t change the fact this ship is going down!
Entertainment, intoxication and denial cannot override the fact that….
- Naturally, we’re here as the result of an accident.
- Naturally, human beings have no intrinsic worth or value.
- Naturally, life has no real meaning or purpose.
- Naturally, there is no hope for a Universe that is destined for decay and destruction.
Just one question: if this is natural, why doesn’t it come naturally?
- Why do we ascribe worth and value to human beings?
- Why do we long for meaning in life?
- Why do we hold out hope for the future?
The good news is we can make sense of the world, others and ourselves from a supernatural perspective, when we introduce a biblical outlook on life.
- Human beings are made by God and stamped with absolute value.
- Life has meaning when we’re reconciled to God and enjoy a relationship with him.
- There is hope for the future when we trust in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ because we enter a relationship with God that will last forever.
The Bible says this world is broken – like a ship that’s going down, but the good news is life is not about rearranging the deck chairs. Life is about discovering there’s a lifeboat ready to rescue us. Jesus came into the world two thousand years ago on a rescue mission, to seek and to save those who are lost (Luke 19:10), and salvation is available to everyone willing to climb onboard.